Mint is one of the most common herbs used in our food items. It is easily available and used widely in our cuisine. Mint is a great appetizer or palate cleanser, and it promotes digestion. It also soothes stomachs in cases of indigestion or inflammation.
Packed with antioxidants and phytonurients that can work wonders for your stomach, the menthol present in mint helps the enzymes necessary for digestion. They relax the smooth muscles of the stomach, reducing the chances of indigestion and spasms.
They can also act on these muscles to activate them and help work more efficiently to carry out digestion.
Here are a few quick and easy of incorporating more mint in your food habit.
1. Add roughly chopped mint to your salads. It will add a crunch and a lovely aroma as well.
2. Blend mint with your lemonade for a refreshing drink.
3. You can also make tea with mint. Mint tea also helps soothing nausea.
4. Mix finely chopped mint with yogurt for a salad dressing.
5. Blend watermelon with mint and freeze it. Scoop and serve easy sorbet.
6. Blend mint, coriander and green chili with lemon. Add salt and sugar to taste and there you have a vibrant green dip for appetizer.
7. Blend mint,capers, honey, olive oil and lemon juice and use it as a sauce for grilled fish.